Thursday, October 24, 2013

Good bye Boston!

The day that seemed like only only a dream is finally here! In less than an hour I board my first plane in my 17 hour journey to Shanghai, to go to Toronto. Canada. My flight from Boston to Toronto will be fairly painless only 2 hours, it is the next step of the trip I am worried about a 14 hour flight that takes off at 1pm and lands in Shanghai at 3:15 tomorrow afternoon (3:15 am here). Over-prepared as usual I think all will go well.

Getting to the airport was painless, we left the hotel around 6 and got here at 6:30 (just over two hours ahead of time). Lucky for me there was no line to check in so I walked right up and got down to business weighing my luggage. A little worried I put by giant L.L Bean Duffle on the scale, fingers crossed it wouldn't be overweight, and bam it was!! 53.5 pounds was the final verdict, the guy checking my bag was extremely nice and said it was fine, but it looks like I will be checking two bags on the way back oops.

Since it was only 6:40 at this point, I sat down got some Starbucks (which I spilled on myself) double checked I had everything wile my family was still here and waited two minutes before got through security. At 7 I went through security which was literally a 5 second walk from baggage drop off, lucky again. The women checking my bag again commented on wow you bag weighs a lot what do you have in that back-pack?? Over-prepared again, thats the coxswain in me, I armed myself with everything I could need in the next 17+ hours. One bag just full of clothes incase my luggage gets lost, and one with everything else including at least two days worth of food (yay being allergic to everything).

Well off to Canada I will let you all know when I get to China tomorrow, finger crossed everything goes well :)

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! I'm so excited you are in Asia. I myself am half Chinese and grew up in neighboring Taiwan before coming to boarding school/college in the States. I rowed at prep school outside of Boston and am now rowing in college too! Good luck on your shanghai adventure!

    xx
    JMB
    www.friendswithdistance.com

    ReplyDelete