Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Last 24 Hours

Today begins my last 24 hours in America for the next two months! As most of you know I will be leaving tomorrow morning to embark one a once in life time trip to Shanghai, China. Myself and five other students will be traveling to China as part of the WPI global studies program to complete our Major Qualifying Project (MQP). The MQP is similar to other universities senior capstone, it encompasses all previous study to solve problems or perform tasks in the major field with confidence, and communicate results effectively. For my project I am working with one other WPI student and four students for Shanghai University for Caterpillar Inc. redesigning a door to customer and company specifications.

Leaving tomorrow my nerves are high and there's a lot to do. I finished my packing yesterday other then a few last minute things which I will be getting later today, I drove to NY and dropped off my car with my dad, I said good bye to my teammates and family and most importantly meet my new puppy Sadie. If yesterday was busy today will prove twice as busy.

Today I will double and triple check to make sure I have everything, get my contacts (my mom had to get overnighted because I didn't notice I was nearly out until monday), and go to Boston my favorite city on earth, only fitting for my last day here. I am super excited for Boston tonight because it is the first game of the World Series and I will be spending it watching the Red Sox game in a bar. I'll keep you updated on today's adventures later this evening.


My Mom's new Puppy, Sadie, I'm not sure she liked me taking her photo.


Back to my trip, I will not have access to Facebook, it is banned in China, so I will keep everyone updated via my blog, and post photos on my flicker account which you can get to from the left side of the page. I cannot promise how often I will post, but I will try to as often as I can. I will also have access to email, so please please feel free to email me (jeprashaw@wpi.edu) every now and again :D

Check back tomorrow to see how everything went in my last 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment